Save yourself in case of trouble with the new Summoner’s Rift
Now this is a big title 😀
This is a supporting post for the article: “Play in New Summoner’s Rift on LIVE Server!”
Here are some hints to save yourself if something happens (for example: crash or bugsplat).
Never use the program for ranked games (or do at your own risk). We never know what can happen, although we test a lot, it’s impossible to predict crashes with tons of servers and users playing. We recommend you use only in custom or normal games.
- The program made by Chewbacca comes with a uninstall button that appears after you installed the map with it. In case of trouble, try the uninstall button and then reconnect to your match.
- If the Step 1 fails, follow this instruction:
- Go to the folder: “C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/projects/lol_game_client/releases/0.0.0.241″.
- Check if you have both files: “releasemanifest” and “releasemanifest_backup”.
- Rename the file: “releasemanifest” to “releasemanifest_newSR”.
- Rename the file: “releasemanifest_backup” to “releasemanifest”.
- Done. Start LOL and reconnect to your match.
Some crashes that may appear randomly:
- Bugsplat on loading or in the middle of the game.
- “Failed to create Dump error” on loading a game.
We are still investigating why these problems happens, and if there are some files or mechanics that may resolve the case.
Side note: The program only brings the feeling of playing in the new map, not the real thing. Performance may raise or reduce depending on the users machine, this is still being developed by Riot and they are continuously working to deliver the best final map in the end (with the best performance for all players).