Play in New Summoner’s Rift on LIVE Server!
Updated October 12
I’m happy to tell you that it’s now possible to play in the new Summoner’s Rift on your Live server (NA/EUW/EUNE/…). You don’t need to have a PBE account!
Since SIU (Skin Installer Ultimate) cannot install this map, I made a program which installs the new map in a simple way.
The result is really cool and we are able to see most of the features of the new map. Let’s have fun!
Features you CAN test with this map
- New models, textures of the map (new trees, ground, rocks, …)
- New particles like the fire, the water of the river and also the rain at the red side blue buff
- New turrets, inhibitors and nexus (including the destruction animations for inhibitors and nexus, the new hit animation for the turret and the health bars for all the buildings)
- New monsters (without new spells of Baron/Dragon) and new minions
- Ambient sounds
Features you CANNOT test with this map
- New shopkeepers of both bases
Please note that the program will evolve and maybe some features that are actually not testable in the map will be available in the future. The map is actually using the “29 September 2014” PBE Update.
v1.0 (27 June 2014) : Original features
v1.0.1 (28 June 2014):
- Oceania players can now install the map correctly
- Fixed a bug in the third step (installation) which was able to cause a “freeze” of the program
- Fixed another major bug in the first part
v1.0.2 (28 June 2014):
- Fixed a compression bug (which can cause bugs splat)
v1.0.3 (28 June 2014):
- Fixed another compression bug (which can cause bugs splat)
v1.0.4 (02 July 2014):
- Fixed a bug when a LoL update was installed
- Fixed bugs for 4.11 patch
- Added the beautiful 3D view above top lane
- The terrain bug at top lane is kinda fixed (even if some bugs are still there)
v1.1 (31 July 2014):
- New monsters added (without new spells of Baron and Dragon)
- New minions added
- Health bar position of turrets fixed
- Knock-up bug fixed
- Blue icon for inhibitor fixed
- Turret destruction animation fixed
- A very nice goat likes to run in the nice blue base (because it’s nice)
v1.1.1 (30 August 2014):
- The map has been fixed for patch 4.15
- Minions have been updated (icons and particles are now visible)
- Minions models sizes have been fixed
- New ground textures added
- New sound for the turret attack
- Dragon laser has been fixed
- New inhibitors and nexus icons added
- Fixed the “Class not registered” bug in the installer
v188.8.131.52 (30 August 2014):
- Fixed a bug at “Download the map” part
v1.1.2 (16 September 2014):
- The map has been fixed for patch 4.16
- Reverted back the base textures that the 1.1.1 version changed
- Added the KR server
v1.1.3 (30 September 2014):
- The map has been fixed for patch 4.17 (Thanks a lot Xan (@Xan_54) for his help fixing the mod for 4.17).
- Added new ground textures and adapted base textures (Thanks a lot Avalon for his really nice work!) [NOTE: We’re going to release another update soon that will fix the water of the river]
- Added the ambient sounds
v1.1.4 (1 October 2014):
- Potential fix for bug splat
- Fixed the river texture
- Fixed the destroyed animation for turrets
v1.1.5 (12 October 2014):
- Fix for 4.18 (thanks a lot Miguel Ângelo Machado Santos and Joe Saliba for having discovered and solved the bug splat!)
- New ground textures
- New destruction animations for turrets and nexus
- There is a “terrain” problem at the top lane, your characters and the minions will be a bit through the ground and some skills won’t also be visible (like Ziggs’s Charge or Orianna’s Dissonance). So, I highly recommend you don’t play in this map in ranked games (especially if you’re playing at top).
- The rotation is bugged for some turrets and inhibitors in the map (botlane and toplane), it is just a visual bug.
Is it legal to play in this map on the Live server (like NA/EUW/…)?
Installing this map is like modding the game with custom maps, it’s legal since YOU and ONLY YOU can see the map and it doesn’t give any advantage to your gameplay. Moreover, files of the map are downloaded from Riot server.
What are the requirements for the program?
You need to use Windows and to have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 (or higher).
The river particles are bugged in the map, is it possible to fix it?
You can download this little fix (Thanks Avalon!). When downloaded, extract the zip in the same folder as “SR-VU-v5.zip” (replace already existing files).
Is there another way to download the “SR-VU-v5.zip” file?
Yes! You can download it from Google Drive here (many thanks to Avalon for having uploaded the map).
I thank a lot Yurixy, GeoSazn and xXRaulEspXx for their tests. They were really helpful for the mod development.
I also thank Avalon(nice) for answering tons of comments and for helping the development of new versions (thanks a lot for the ground textures).
This program is made by Chewbacca.
The program uses “ItzWarty” library in order to use a part of the SIU code (program made by LGG).